March is here and spring is right around the corner, which means it is time to get rid of winter gunk and clutter and spring clean your car. Follow these simple steps and your car will be squeaky clean and sparkling like the day you bought it.
- Clean it out. Take everything out of your car (including the trunk). If it’s not attached, take it out. Then, throw away all the trash and keep only what you actually need. Don’t put anything back in until you’ve finished the cleaning process.
- Remove the floor mats and work from the top down. Vacuum every surface and crevice you can and don’t forget to get under the seats. If you floor mats are really bad, hose them down with a power washer and let them dry in the sun.
- Check the upholstery. If you have any dirty spots on your seats, get some upholstery cleaner and scrub away. Do the same thing with the carpets. Make sure you let your car air out for a while with the windows open so everything can dry. It’s best to do this when you won’t have to drive for a couple of days.
- Wash your car. Just like the interior, wash from the top down, rinsing frequently. We also recommend getting the underbody rinsed at a local car wash. Once everything is clean and dry, apply a fresh coat of wax.
- Enjoy your work. Step back and look at your pristine, sparkling car. It may only stay like this for a few days, but try and enjoy it while it lasts.
Are you adding spring car cleaning to your calendar? If you think cleaning is a lost cause, then come to Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet near Charlotte, NC and we will get you in a nice new car instead!